Sunday, September 27, 2009

 

Pirates and space girls

The Many Adventures of Miranda Mercury #295

I liked the idea of this, that there have been hundreds of adventures already, so you don't need an origin story. Yes, fantastic.

And the art is pretty good too. However this felt weirdly light. The first half of the story featured things being stolen and space battles and stuff. But then the second half was just talking heads trying to solve a puzzle. I did get a good idea of who Miranda Mercury is, and I am curious about the other issues in this series, but...

El Cazador Collected Edition #1

I was really hoping for the pirate equivalent of Way of the Rat, the martial arts comic written by the same person (Chuck Dixon) and published by the same company (CrossGen) at the same time (2002-03), but, sadly, I did not get it. This is the first three issues of the series (that only lasted six and a special) and it's sloooooow. So many characters and I sort of felt the pirate character who was killed early on had his character developed through his three lines of dialogue than the supposed main characters. Still, it's not like I can think of a better pirate comic produced recently. Oh wait! Scurvy Dogs!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?